"Neston Cyber Centre" - Our Services
The Cyber Centre is staffed by volunteer Cyber Buddies, who help computer members with a range of tasks and problems. We can help you with problems or advice with Desktop PCs and Laptops, Android tablets and smartphones, iPhones, and iPads.
We have 9 networked PCs all with solid state drives and FAST Broadband/Wi-Fi, currently running Microsoft Windows 10. The networked PCs run a range of software, including:
• Microsoft Office - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher
• Internet Browsers - Chrome, Edge, Firefox, Opera, Internet Explorer ('end of life' June 2022)
• Corel Paint Shop Pro
• Adobe Photoshop
• Family Tree Maker
We also have a dedicated Linux PC
We have two 'state of the art' printers - an HP PageWide Pro (bought with help from Neston Town Council) and a LEXMARK high quality A3/4 colour laser printer (funded through a generous donation from one of our members). We also have three Epson scanners, with which documents/ photos can be scanned for sending by email.
The Cyber Centre also provides free wireless internet to registered members, so that members with their own laptop or tablet can come in to seek help with using them, or just to connect to the internet.
Cyber Buddies, each with their own various skills, are on hand at every session, and can help you with a whole range of tasks like -
- Job applications and CVs
- Booking flights and holidays (you book at your 'own risk')
- Setting up email accounts
- Government or local council websites (for example renewing your driving licence online), researching your family history using a variety of websites including Ancestry.co.uk and Findmypast.co.uk
- Downloading and editing your digital photographs
- Advice on problems with your own Laptops or PCs (Windows or Apple)
- Using Tablet Computers (Apple or Android) - if you have a new Tablet and would like to know more about what it can do, why not pop in and see one of our Computer Buddies who deal with Tablets, you might just find it very useful indeed!